Events & Fundraisers
WHSA has a number of fundraisers planned throughout the year. These fundraisers help support all of our students, enriching their schooling experience at Watsessing Elementary. We also help support our teachers with classroom supplies and provide funding to support enrichment programs. We need parent volunteers for all of these activities, please contact us to see how you can make a difference.
Get involved! Volunteer today!
We need volunteers to help make these events a success! Many of these events only require an hour of your time, and the more hands, the quicker the work. Or maybe you have a special skill, industry connection or equipment to help enhance our events or ideas for new events. We want you to join us!
First Monday of the month at 7pm in the teachers lounge – first floor of Watsessing Elementary (enter through the doors at the rear of the school)
Events, Clubs, Scholarships & Supplies WHSA funds:
- Fall Pumpkin Patch
- Spelling Bee
- Teacher appreciation luncheon
- Support staff appreciation brunch
- Book Fair
- Summer Arts Scholarships
- Alumni High School Graduation Scholarship
- Basketball Teams
- Chess Club
- Track & Field
- Buses for Field Trips
- A book for every student during the Book Fair
- Student Planners for every student
- Valentine’s Dance
- International Night
- Tablets/smart boards
- Six Grade Ceremony/Celebration
- Refreshments for school events
- School beautification and landscaping
- Field Days
- Bloomfield Bike Fest
Bloomfield Bike Fest
A day of fun for the students. This event is held during the school day and includes a range of games and activities in nearby Watsessing park. We need parent volunteers at each activity ‘station’. WHSA also provides ice-pops for the students to enjoy.
Smelly pencils are a big seller with the kids.
Teacher Appreciation Week & Luncheon
in addition, we also provide an appreciation luncheon for the support staff & crossing guards.
This varies year to year. In the past WHSA has purchased a ‘smart board’. In 2015 we hope to purchase outdoor picnic tables to create a reading or drawing area for students when they are outside at recess.
School Beatification Day
Join us as we plant flowers, weed and prune existing foliage, pick up garbage, and mulch the exterior of the our school.
Summer Arts Scholarships
Watsessing Graduates Scholarships
(High School Graduates who attended Watsessing elementary)
Basketball Teams (4th- 6th)
The WHSA supplies uniforms and t-shirts.
The WHSA supplies t-shirts to the students selected to represent Watsessing at the district tournament.
Mother’s Day Plant Sale
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Gertrude Hawk Chocolate Fundraiser
Held in the spring, depending on interest.
Held at the end of January
Low cost gifts the children purchase for their family and friends
Poinsettia Plant Sale
December Poinsettia plant sale – this varies from year to year based on interest.
Yankee Candle Fundraiser
Held in the fall, depending on interest.
Spirit Wear Fundraiser
On certain half days, when regular school lunch is not offered, WHSA orders pizza for students at Watsessing. One slice of pizza and a water or juice will be $3.00. Additional slices will be $1.00 each.
Pizza Day How To
10 days prior to Pizza day:
- Update the Pizza Fundraiser Form (all forms must be approved by the Principal). Once approved, copy & stuff the form into teacher mailboxes.
- Copy & hand out the pizza instruction flyer & count sheets to teachers. Teachers will tally their total slices, juices & waters on this form.
2 days prior to Pizza day
- Collect money and teacher pizza forms from school.
- Total the number of slices, juices, waters & money into a ‘master list’
The day before pizza day
- order pizzas
- check juice, water, paper plate & napkin stores in school “utility room” next to gym.
- purchase any additional juice, water, plates & napkins needed.
- Pick up pizzas
- Drop off pizzas to school teachers lounge
- Min of 3 volunteers needed at school at 11:15
- Call down 6th graders to assist in pizza delivery
- Volunteers count out slices, juices, water, plates & napkins by classroom. Marking off master list as orders are delivered by 6th graders.
Help us improve the student and teacher experience at Watsessing! Any donation amount is appreciated. Donations over $20 will receive a Watsessing Car Magnet as a thank you!